▪ acknowledgment of the modified Policy;
▪ agreement to abide and be bound by the modified Policy.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We may collect and combine information when you interact with Mailshut Services including: Name, Email, Birth year
HOW WE USE THIS INFORMATION
▪ Provide, maintain, improve, and develop relevant features, content, and Services.
▪ Analyze your content and other information (including emails, instant messages, posts photos, attachments, and other communications).
▪ Fulfill your requests and when authorized by you.
▪ Help securing/ restoring your account.
▪ Carry out or support promotions.
▪ Detect and defend against fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful activity.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will apply from 25May 2018, replacing the Data Protection Act 1998. GDPR applies to personal data. Put simply, personal data is any information which relates to a living person
In relation to Mailshut, most data will be an individual’s name, email address and or contact telephone number.
This Data Protection Policy sets out Mailshut’s commitment to protecting personal data and how that commitment is implemented regarding the collection, processing and use of personal data, in line with meeting requirements of, including the legal obligations as laid down by, the GDPR. This applies to personal data held on paper and held electronically. Mailshut is committed to ensuring that personal data shall be:
▪ collected, processed and used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals;
▪ collected, processed and used for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes to meet the business operational needs and fulfil its legal requirements, and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date - with every reasonable step taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay established with appropriate retention periods processed and stored in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, with defined organisational, physical, procedural and technical security measures implemented and maintained to protect
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM YOU
When you visit our website for transaction purpose, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. Such information never hits our server, all payments are processed using a secured third partie api (Stripe).
In order to better provide you with our services, we collect two types of information about our users: Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information. Our primary goal in collecting information from you is to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience while using our site.
Personally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that let us know the specifics of who you are. When you engage in certain activities on this site, such as registering for a user account or sending us feedback, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself. This information may include your personal identifying information. In addition, when you create an account, you will be asked to provide Personally Identifiable Information, including your name and email address.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. We gather certain information about you based upon your use of the site. This information is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis. This information may include the site’s Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) that you just came from, which URL you go to next, what browser you are using, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU
We do not collect any Personally Identifiable Information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. You provide certain Personally Identifiable Information to us when you:
(a) Register for a user account;
(b) Leave feedback and/or comments; or
(c) sign up for special offers from us or selected third parties.
In addition, we may also collect, or our third party ad server and/or content server may collect, certain Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We use your IP address to diagnose problems with our servers, software, to administer our site and to gather demographic information.
HOW WE SHARE THIS INFORMATION
▪ Within Mailshut. Information may also be shared within Mailshut, including with other Mailshut Services and affiliates. Mailshut affiliates may use the information in a manner consistent with their privacy policies.
▪ With Partners. We may share your information with non-affiliated companies who are:
▪ Trusted Partners. We provide user information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Mailshut based on our directions and in compliance with appropriate confidentiality measures.
▪ Advertising, Analytics and Business Partners (Limited to Non-Personally Identifiable Information). We may share aggregated or pseudonymous information (including demographic information) with partners, such as publishers, advertisers, measurement analytics, apps, or other companies. For example, we may tell an advertiser how its ads performed or report how many people installed an app after seeing a promotion. We do not share information that personally identifies you (personally identifiable information is information like name or email address) with these partners, such as publishers, advertisers, measurement analytics, apps, or other companies.
When you use third-party apps, websites or other products integrated with our Services, they may collect information about your activities subject to their own terms and privacy policies.
▪ For Legal and Other Purposes. We may access, preserve and disclose information to investigate, prevent, or take action in connection with: (i) legal process and legal requests; (ii) enforcement of the Terms; (iii) claims that any content violates the rights of third-parties; (iv) requests for customer service; (v) technical issues; (vi) protecting the rights, property or personal safety of Mailshut, its users or the public; (vii) establishing or exercising our legal rights or defending against legal claims; or (viii) as otherwise required by law.
▪ New Ownership. If the ownership or control of all or part of Mailshut or a specific Services changes as a result of a merger, acquisition or sale of assets, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
UPDATING YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We believe you should have the ability to access and edit the Personally Identifiable Information that you have provided to us. You may change any of your Personally Identifiable Information in your account online at any time by logging on to your account and editing your information.
We encourage you to promptly update your Personally Identifiable Information if it changes. You may ask to have the information on your account deleted or removed; however, because we keep track of past transactions, you cannot delete information associated with past transactions on this site. In addition, it may be impossible to completely delete your information without some residual information because of backups.
We may, from time to time, send you e-mail regarding our services. In addition, we and our partners may occasionally send you direct mail (including e-mail) about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. You may unsubscribe from such e-mail messages.
THE RIGHTS OF USERS
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by Mailshut.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
▪ Right to obtain a copy of your personal information. You have the right to obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
▪ Right to rectification. You may request that we rectify any inaccurate and/or complete any incomplete personal information. We will then correct out records, and notify any third parties to whom such personal information may have been transmitted as described above.
▪ Right to data portability. You may request a copy of all personal information you have provided to us after which we will transmit those data to another data controller of your choice.
▪ Right to opt-out of marketing communications. You can exercise this right by clicking on the "unsubscribe" or "opt-out" link in the marketing e-mails we send you.
▪ Right to withdraw consent. You may withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information at any time. Such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your previous consent. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, you may not be able to benefit from certain service features for which the processing of your personal information is essential.
▪ Right to object to processing. You may request that we stop processing your personal information. Please note you may not be able to benefit from certain service features for which the processing of your personal information is essential.
▪ Right to erasure. You may request that we erase your personal information and we will comply, unless there is a lawful reason for not doing so.
▪ Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by Mailshut, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
▪ Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, Mailshut will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it
▪ Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from Mailshut.
▪ Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User's consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
▪ Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our lawful basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect vital interests.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us.
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. In particular, we:
▪ hold personal information in secure facilities and where the information is held electronically, on secure servers.
▪ use encrypted transmission links whenever we can.
▪ use other safeguards such as firewalls, authentication systems (e.g., passwords), and access control mechanisms to control unauthorised access to systems and data.
▪ regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorised access to systems.
▪ restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations. Mailshut may discipline or terminate individuals who maliciously acquire information, without being entitled to its access.
Once client information is no longer needed, Mailshut will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify the information as long as Mailshut is not required by applicable laws and regulations.
We will take seriously and deal promptly with any accidental or unauthorised disclosure of personal information. We follow the relevant scheme for notifiable data breaches where applicable and when handling accidental or unauthorised disclosures of personal information.
Please note that you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information (e.g., Internet Explorer; Google Chrome; Mozilla Firefox; or Apple Safari). Please note that by blocking any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain features or offerings of the Services.
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Services to collect and analyze the information discussed above, and to engage in auditing, research or reporting. The information (including your IP address) collected by various analytics technologies described above will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Services, including by noting the third-party website from which you arrive, analyzing usage trends, assisting with fraud prevention, and providing certain features to you.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
HOW AND WHY DOES MAILSHUT USE THEM?
Mailshut keeps all the information collected from cookies in a non–personally identifiable format. Mailshut cookies located on your computer do not retain your name or your IP address.
WHAT TYPE OF COOKIES DOES MAILSHUT USE?
The following types of cookies are used on Mailshut websites.
▪ Necessary cookies
These are cookies that are strictly necessary for the operation of a website. Without these cookies, this website won’t work properly. Accordingly, we are not asking you for your specific consent for those cookies. For all other cookies your informed consent is required.
▪ Session cookies
Session cookies are temporary cookie files which are erased when you close your browser. When you restart your browser and go back to the site that created that cookie, the website will treat you as a new visitor.
▪ Functional/Persistent Cookies
▪ Cookies that send information to us
These are the cookies that we set on Mailshut Site and they can only be read by that site. This is known as a "First Party"
We also place cookies on brand ads which are placed on other websites owned by third parties. We obtain information via those cookies when you click on or interact with the advertisement. In this situation the brand is placing a “Third Party” cookie. The brand may use the information obtained by these cookies to serve you with advertising that is relevant and of interest to you based on your past online behaviour.
HOW TO CONTROL COOKIES / TURNING OFF COOKIES
NOTICE CONCERNING DO-NOT-TRACK SIGNALS
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. We do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The Website may contain links to third party websites, whose information practices may be different from Mailshut’s. Visitors should consult such third-party sites’ privacy notices as Mailshut does not have any control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties. Mailshut does not make any representations or warranties as to the security of any information (including, without limitation, credit card and other personal information) you might be requested to give any third party.
These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by Mailshut of the contents on such third-party websites. Mailshut cannot ensure that you will be satisfied with any products or services that you purchase from a third-party site that links to or from the Website, since these sites are owned and operated by independent retailers.
Mailshut is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party sites. Mailshut has not taken any steps to confirm the accuracy or reliability of any of the information contained in such third-party sites. If you decide to access linked third-party sites, you do so at your own risk. Mailshut strongly encourages you to make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or off-line transaction with any of these third parties.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access the Mailshut website and or certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to or through our site. Once we have received your information, we will use security feature and procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR DIRECT MARKETING
We do not use or disclose your personal data for direct marketing purposes unless we obtained your consent, such as through an opt-in or opt-out tick box on any form or website of ours.
DATA SECURITY POLICY
The importance of security for all personally-identifiable information associated with visitors to the Website—as well as Mailshut customer information, such as cell phone numbers, texts, messages, credit card information, addresses, and other account data—is of utmost concern to Mailshut.com, and we have implemented, and periodically review, certain physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to help prevent unauthorized access and maintain data security. Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address. Unfortunately, due to the open nature of Internet communications, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be secure, and thus we cannot guarantee that communications between you and Mailshut will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. Visitors of the Website and Mailshut customers use the Website at their own risk.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
We will hold your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes set forth in this Policy or as long as we are legally required or permitted to do so. Information may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
If a situation arises, where you have a privacy dispute, please contact Mailshut directly and we will be glad to work in a fair and practical way with you. Our contact info is mentioned below. If your communication with Mailshut has not led to a mutually agreeable resolution, we shall participate in the dispute resolution procedures established by the American data protection authorities to resolve disputes.
You are not required to supply any of the personal information that we may request; however, failure to do so may result in our being unable to open or maintain your account or to provide services to you. While we make every effort to ensure that all information we hold about you is accurate, complete, and up to date, you can help us considerably in this regard by promptly notifying us if there are any changes to your personal information.
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
You must be at least 18 years old (or otherwise reached the age of majority in your jurisdiction, whichever is older) to have our permission to use this site. Our policy is that we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose Personally Identifiable Information about visitors that are under 18 years of age.
You should also be aware that when Personally Identifiable Information is voluntarily disclosed (i.e. your name, address, etc.) on any profile page, discussion forum, message board or other public areas of the site, that information, along with any information disclosed in your communication, can be viewed, collected and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages from third parties. Such activities are beyond our control and this Policy does not apply to such information. Any submissions to public areas on this site are accepted with the understanding that they are accessible to third parties.
ENQUIRIES AND FURTHER DETAILS
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org